Frequently Asked Questions
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL PERMANENT COSMETIC MAKE-UP APPLICATIONS
For 7 days following application of Permanent Cosmetics:
• Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingertips, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
• Apply your favorite antibiotic ointment or Vaseline 3-5 times daily until the procedure area has healed. Always use a clean cotton swab and not your fingertips. We suggest Vaseline, as it is non-reactive in most clients.
• No make-up No make-up, tinting of lashes or brows, sun, soap, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, or gardening for 7-10 days (until area is completely healed) post procedure and after all touch-ups.
• Before bathing, gently apply a light coating of Vaseline on the procedure area using a clean cotton swab. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
• Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (the pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue.)
• Use a “total sun block” after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
• Do not use products that contains AHA’s on the procedure area. (Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids.) Always check your product labeling. These will fade your pigment color.
• Try to sleep on a satin pillowcase while the procedure area is healing.
• If you are a blood donor, you may not give blood for 1 year following your Permanent Make-Up applications (Per Red Cross).
• Touch-up visits should be scheduled between 30-45 days post procedure. All Permanent Make-up procedures area two-step process. Results are not determined until touch-up applications is completed.
• If you have any questions or concern, please notify your technician immediately.
• If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, stop using the product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using!
• If your have excessive redness, swelling, or tenderness or any red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart, elevated temperature, or purulent drainage from the procedure site, contact your physician as the are may be infected and you may need to seek medical care.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment color loss!
All Permanent Make-up procedures are a two-step process.
We suggest a yearly ‘Color Refresher’ to maintain your procedure color integrity.
YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS DAILY REGIMEN CARE
- Do not touch the treated area unless applying ointment. No scratching, rubbing, or picking of the treated area.
- Do not apply eye make-up around the treated area until healed.
- If your lashes are sticking together, moisten with distilled water and remove residue.
- Apply ointment many times a day (best to keep it moist) until peeling or when sloughing occurs; brows 3 days, eyeliner 3 to 5 days, lips until healed.
- If you wear contact lenses, you may use it with caution after 1 day after the procedure.
- Artificial tears may be used if needed.
- Touch up may be done after 21 days.
END OF THE FIRST WEEK
- Same as above.
- Discontinue the ointment if the treat area is healed.
- You may now wear make-up. Always start with a new tube of mascara.
- No swimming or sunbathing for 1-2 weeks.
- Always wear sunblock (SPF 15 or stronger) when outdoors.
- Within 4 weeks, the final effect of your Permanent makeup will be obtained.
- Don’t forget to set up your Touch-Up appointment by calling 760-844-2057.
- Dryness and itching in the treated area
EYELINER & LASH ENHANCEMENTS
- Eyelashes may stick together the next morning
- Puffy eyelids for 2-3 days
- Redness or mild bruising around the eyes
- Swelling (If swelling lasts more than 2 days, remove all ointments and keep it dry.)
- Itchiness (If poor hygiene is used, an infection can occur and medical treatment may be necessary,)
LIP LINER & FULL LIP COLOR
- Dryness in the treated area
- Fever blisters or cold sores (treat with Zivoraz® cream of tablets)
- Gently pat ointments onto lips (rubbing ointment on to lips may remove pigments)
4455 Twain Avenue Suite G
San Diego, CA 92120
Open Monday - Sunday
10:00am - 7:00pm
By appointment only